Complaints Handling Policy and Procedure
1. Objective of the policy
GRAF seeks to maintain and enhance our reputation of providing you with the highest quality products and customer service. We value feedback through complaints as they assist us to improve our products, services and customer service. GRAF is committed to being responsive to the needs and concerns of our customers or potential customers and to resolving your complaints as quickly as possible. This policy has been designed to provide guidance to both our customers and staff on the manner in which GRAF receives and manages your complaint. We are committed to being consistent, fair and impartial when handling your complaint. The objective of this policy is to ensure:
- You are aware of our complaint lodgement and handling processes;
- Both you and our staff understand our complaints handling process;
- Your complaint is investigated promptly, objectively and impartially with a balanced view of all information or evidence;
- We take reasonable steps to actively protect your personal information;
- Your complaint is considered on its merits taking into account individual circumstances and needs.
2. Definition of a complaint
In this policy, a complaint means any expression of dissatisfaction by a member of the public and/or customer relating to our products, services, staff or handling of a complaint, where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected or legally required.
3. How a complaint can be made
If you are dissatisfied with a product or service provided by us, you can lodge a complaint with us free of charge, in one of the following ways:
- By telephoning us (during business hours) on 1300 131 971
- By writing to us at:
Attn: Sales/Customer Service Team GRAF Australia Pty Ltd PO Box 1182 BIBRA LAKE WA 6965
- By emailing us at email@example.com
- In person (during business hours) at 43B Sparks RD, Henderson WA 6166.
If you need help to describe or send your complaint, or if you would like to discuss your concerns informally first, please contact the Sales/Customer Service Team on 1300 131 971.
4. The information you will need to tell us
When we are investigating your complaint, we will be relying on information provided by you and also on information we may already be holding. We may need to contact you to clarify details or to request additional information where necessary. To help us investigate your complaint quickly and efficiently we will ask you for the following minimum information to be included in the Complaint Form:
- Your name and contact details;
- The name of the person you have been dealing with about the product or service;
- The date the product was purchased or the service was provided;
- The product serial number (if relevant) and/or the name of the supplier (if not us) that the product was purchased from;
- The nature of your complaint;
- The date you first noticed a problem with the product or service;
- Details of any steps you have already taken to resolve the complaint;
- Details of conversations you may have already had with us that may be relevant;
- Details of what would be an acceptable solution to you;
- Any documentation (including photographs or reports) which support your complaint.
5. Recording complaints
When receiving a complaint, we will record your name and contact details in our Complaints Register. We will also record all details of your complaint including the facts and the cause/s of your complaint, the outcome and any action taken following the investigation of your complaint. We will also record all dates and times relating to actions taken to resolve the complaint and communication between us. As part of our continuous improvement approach, all complaints will be monitored for any identifying trends by management and rectification/remedial action taken to mitigate any identified issues. Where appropriate, we will amend our business practices or policies. If you lodge a complaint we will record your personal information solely for the purpose of addressing your complaint. Your personal details will be recorded and retained in accordance with privacy legislation and will be actively protected from disclosure, unless you expressly consent to its disclosure. Where a third party such as a certified installer was involved in the provision of the product or service to you, we may be required to contact them to fully investigate your complaint.
6. Responding to a complaint
GRAF is committed to resolving your issues as early as possible at the first point of contact. However, this will not be possible in all circumstances. We will endeavour to acknowledge receipt of your complaint promptly, and preferably within three (3) business days. Once your complaint has been received, we will undertake an initial review of your complaint and determine what if any, additional information or documentation may be required to complete an investigation. We may need to contact you to clarify certain aspects of your complaint or request addition information or documentation from you. In such circumstances we will explain the purpose of seeking clarification or additional documentation and provide you with feedback on the status of your complain at that time. We will investigate your complaint objectively and impartially, by considering the information you have provided us, our actions in relation to your dealing with us and any other information which may be available, that could assist us in investigating your complaint. We will endeavour to resolve your complaint within 60 business days of you lodging your complaint, however, depending on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised, this may not always be possible on every occasion. Where we have been unable to resolve your complaint within 60 business days, we will inform you of the reason for the delay and specify a further period of time when we will be in a position to finalise your complaint. Once we have concluded our process, we will advise you in writing of our findings and proposed resolution (and the reasons for our decision). At the conclusion of the complaint process, we may provide you with information about external review or appeal options should you be dissatisfied with the outcome. You have the right to make enquiries about the current status of your complaint at any time by contacting the Sales/Customer Service Team on 1300 131 971.
7. Complaints about one of our employees or contractors
If you complain about a member of our staff, we will treat your complaint confidentially, impartially and equally (giving equal treatment to all people). We will investigate your complaint thoroughly by finding out the relevant facts, speaking with the relevant people and verifying explanations where possible. We will also treat our staff member objectively by:
- Informing them of any complaint about their performance;
- Providing them with an opportunity to explain the circumstances;
- Providing them with appropriate support;
- Updating them on the complaint investigation and the result.
Where our services are contracted out, we expect contracted service providers to have an accessible and comprehensive complaint management system. We take complaints not only about the actions of our staff but also the actions of service providers.
8. Your right under consumer law
You reserve the right to refer your complaint to your relevant federal, state or territory consumer protection agency at any time.
- Access Canberra
- Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV)
- NSW Fair Trading
- NT Consumer Affairs
- Office of Fair Trading Queensland
- SA Office of Consumer and Business Services (CBS)
- Tasmania Consumer, Building and Occupational Services (CBOS)
- WA Consumer Protection - Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
You may also wish to seek independent legal advice if we are unable to resolve your concerns. A legal practitioner can provide you with information about your rights and obligations and, if necessary, advise you on other ways to resolve your complaint. I trust that you will help us to resolve your complaint by providing us with all the information that we need and also allowing us adequate time to go through the process that is designed to give your complaint the attention it deserves. David Williams, Managing Director February 2020